This could be included in my 2 ingredient dish if you don’t count the side salad or chopped garlic!
- Olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 egg
- Add olive oil to a warm pan and heat the garlic gently
- Pour in the full can of chopped tomatoes and stir. Heat until the tomatoes bubble then return to a simmer.
- Crack an egg into the centre of the tomatoes and place a lid on. This will poach the egg.
- After a few moments remove from the heat and add seasoning of choice.
This was a small brunch for me so I only had one egg, Nigella suggests bread to accompany the dish which looks incredible but I wanted something lighter so created a fresh side of spinach, radish and a sprinkle of spring onion with a few slices of goats cheese for a salty creamy texture.